Wednesday, February 4, 2009

NYC







Avilynne
did amazingly well with Deborah, her weekend babysitter. It was such a good thing that we didn't try to bring her with us. I also did amazingly well without Avi (I'll blame it on pregnancy hormones, but I did shed a tear or two on my way out the door).

We almost missed our bus. But, hey, we didn't. It was freakin' cold in NYC! I am SOOOOO ready for spring. I am pretty sure my bum was about to be amputated due to frostbite. We stayed with Josh's childhood friend, Adam, and his wife Erin in their nice, small Manhattan apartment on the tenth floor (last picture is a view from their place).



We took the metro a lot. We saw Times Square, The Statue of Liberty, and Ground Zero. We went into Macy's and smelled perfume, bought cheap "I love NYC" T-shirts, took the Staten Island Ferry, and stood at the top of the Empire State Building. We ate amazing halal street food, and had an exciting experience eating at a vegetarian Indian food restaurant (while I braved onions). It was hard moving around so much with my big belly, but I managed thanks to our gracious hosts and Josh constantly checking on me. I don't think pregnant people live in NYC. I might of seen just one on the whole trip, but that person might not have even been pregnant.

In a nutshell was our trip to New York City. It was a much needed distraction from life at home for myself, and it was fun to be together without Avilynne. I think New York City fell from grace in my mind from being poetically romantic as the greatest city to being just a really big city where I am glad I don't live. We both enjoyed the NYC and the trip a lot, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment